08 January 2006

Neocon closed minds

I received a message from a WTVN Radio (Columbus, Ohio) listener following the first program of 2006. "I listend [sic] to you on the way to church Sunday mornings for the Tech help. Keep your Bush bashing to yourself. Then I will like you and listen to you again."

Bush bashing? I don't do that on the air, but the Technology Corner website includes (on the "reference" page) a link to this blog and to Bush Lied Again.

I guess the neocons are all for freedom of speech as long as it's their speech. Or maybe it's this attitude: "I don't have to think because Rush Limbaugh told me what to think, so you shouldn't be thinking, either. Thinking is dangerous. I heard that from Limbaugh, too, and he has a direct line to the guy who has a direct line to God."

As I explained to my little Bush buddy, "I do not bash Bush on the air, but I do believe that I have the right to post my opinions on websites that I pay for personally. Whether you like me or not is immaterial. I happen to like a lot of people with whom I may disagree on one thing or another. This is part of being an adult."

Poor little Bush babies.

No comments: